NZASH is a forum for education and networking of professionals interested in simulation in healthcare. We represent doctors, nurses, educationalists, simulation technicians, paramedics, academics, industry groups and managers using simulation as a tool for education, training and research to enhance the safety and quality of patients.
We aim to:
- Conduct an biannual NZASH conference and annual NZASH meeting including workshops, plenary speakers and research presentations.
- Coordinate regional NZASH meetings for the information and collaboration of those interested in healthcare simulation locally.
- Support and promote the professional development of individuals working in the simulation field
- Contribute to the development international and local standards and accreditation of simulation provision.
- Support outreach of simulation education to Pacific Islands and local rural areas outside main centres.
- Liaise and network with international simulation organisations with common goals.
- Advocate for government and health board support of quality improvement initiatives using simulation as tool for improving patient care, education, and research.
- Encourage use of simulation in research within healthcare education and quality improvement
- Information dissemination of simulation events via social media and the website